Spooky can be satisfying! Undoubtedly, the most beautiful city—Chandigarh is also known for its scariest places. Yes! The city not only shares its beauty with human beings but also provides a space for supernatural creatures. The city holds many haunted places for all the adventurous and mischievous people.
If you, too, wish to explore the eeriness of Chandigarh, keep reading…
We all enjoy going on vacation to see and do strange, exciting, and beautiful things. But what could be more strange and fascinating than a haunted location? Regardless of where they came from or how they were created, each place has a reputation for the supernatural or strange. Go through them all if you dare and are interested in exploring and moving the shield between the two worlds.
After thorough research and taking into consideration the experience of many, we have jotted a spooky list of the top 5 haunted places in Chandigarh. This article is for you if you aren’t easily scared and enjoy exploring places with a spooky reputation. Let’s dive into the creepy mysteries!
1. Savitri Bhai Phule Hostel — Panjab University
- Address: Panjab University, Chandigarh
- About: There are many daring people who are not scared of haunted places, but this place will scare their wits out! Because in this hostel, paranormal beings are living with the students. Students themselves did confess the existence of headless bodies roaming around in the night. Many of these students living in the hostel have complained to the authorities about some abnormal or paranormal activities.
A number of the students have approached the hostel authorities, but the mystery behind this is still unsolved. Who knows the facts, but there is no smoke without some fire! If you want to get in-depth knowledge on the same, visit this hostel today and ask the students. You will hear endless scary tales!
2. Haunted bridge
- Address: Madhya Marg, Sector 16 Chandigarh
- About: Located near the Madhya Marg roundabout is a bridge that is another spooky place in Chandigarh. This bridge is called the haunted bridge by those people who actually know its reality. People say that many of them have seen a girl wearing a white apron walking on the bridge with a light lamp in her hand. However, within a few seconds, she disappears like anything. (Even some accidents have also been reported in this area).
The people say that the girl was a practising doctor in Sector 16 hospital but was hit by a truck on the same spot around 20 years back and died. That girl’s spirit is still roaming on the bridge, making it a haunted place in Chandigarh. Doesn’t it seem like a horror film story? Yet, it’s hundred per cent real. We recommend staying safe while visiting there.
3. Kausali Graveyard
- Address: Kausali
- About: It is situated on the outskirts of Chandigarh, yet can be easily accessed. This spot is on the way from Shimla to Chandigarh. It is a prevalent spot for encountering spooky spirits. Numerous individuals have explained the existence of ghosts in and around the spot.
As most graveyards are said to be haunted, you might think that the Kasauli graveyard also might be a similar graveyard, but, in this case, it has a different story. Many people have felt a different kind of negative energy while passing through or by this graveyard. Even though the youngsters often go here during the daytime, it is said that it actually needs a lot of fearlessness to pass through this negative area during the night. Many people have still attempted to go there at night, but the mystery remains intact. It’s better to stay away from such a haunted destination.
4. Sukhna Lake
- Address: Sukhna Lake, Chandigarh
- About: Sukhna Lake? You might think that we are joking. But we are not. Everyone has heard of the suicide point at Sukhna Lake. There’s no doubt that the Sukhna is one of the most visited places in Chandigarh. But, it is also one of the most haunted places in Chandigarh.
Despite its scenic beauty, this place has experienced many suicides in recent years. It is said that some spirits live in the room built there, known as the suicide point. Also, no one is allowed to enter that area. It is said that evil spirits possess the entire area around the suicide point, and one can feel heavy negative energy near that spot. So if you are visiting sukhna lake, do visit that spot next time to complete your haunted experience.
5. Chandigarh Railway Guest House
- Address: PR3F+H9M, Railway Colony, Sector 13, Chandigarh, 160102
- About: Chandigarh Railway Guesthouse, located in Manimajra, is also known as a haunted place in the city. One of the rooms of this guesthouse has some creepy spirit who peeps inside the washroom when someone is using it. Many guests in this dangerous guesthouse have complained about their encounter with the spirit.
Other people have also had some weird experiences while staying at the guest house. Some of them have even experienced scary paranormal activities while their stay at this place. If you are planning to book this guesthouse at Chandigarh Railway station, do avoid boarding in the haunted room. It seems that a spirit lurks around in one of the rooms of this guesthouse. The story is the same for all. True or not? You can visit and ask the people living in the neighbourhood!
Over to you
Now that you know the spooky-swayed places in Chandigarh. Get an off from your college, work, or internship, bring your gang of 5-6 friends together, and move to explore the spooky.
You can also explore spooky entertainment options like horror house (Zirakpur) or 7D adventure and the lost work (NCM). These places will surely help you experience a scary yet fun day. If you have discovered more than this, let us know more spooky places to visit in Chandigarh in the comment section below!
Disclaimer: We are not encouraging children to get into strenuous situations. But if you are a quirky explorer, why not try these places? Choose for yourself!
Also read : Top Tourist Places in Chandigarh